Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 7, Sept 11 (Shanghai)

The Bund
After breakfast, we went to the Bund.  This was a very good view to see the modern buildings and some historical buildings in both sides along the river.  It looked gorgeous and made Shanghai look like a big modern city.
Yu Yuan

Then, we went to Yu Yuan Garden.  When we got to the garden, there was a heavy rain but it did not reduce any interest of our classmates to walk around the garden because Yu Yuan was also a very famous and popular shopping area for tourists to buy traditional Chinese products.  I was shocked when all my classmates carried full of their hands of souvenirs back to the tour bus.  I always felt interested to see what people bought and checked the price range for a certain products.  My classmates got a very good price and knew how to bargain with Chinese very well. 

Yu Yuan was crowded with tourists
Due to the Expo in Shanghai, there were so many tourists coming from different parts of China to visit Shanghai.  It made bargaining harder than before.  Not many shop owners were willing to bargain with us.  The price was almost fixed, no negotiating at all.  However, I did help my American classmates to bargain a few and did the translation. 

Mooncake Festvial celebrated in Yu Yuan
As there was a non-stop heavy rain, we decided to go back to the hotel and rest.  And I decided to stay in the hotel to finish some of my blogs.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment